1. Access to the EDAS server
2. EDAS usage
The following elements are provided to the EDAS users:
- Connection to the EDAS server through Internet or dedicated lines;
- Support for setup of users' individual point-to-point access lines;
- User manual, documentation, client software and support provided by the EGNOS Helpdesk (email@example.com or (+34 911 236 555) available 7/24);
- Use of EDAS data is free of charge.
2.1 Requirements for using EDAS
The usage of EDAS requires the following the elements :
- Registration to the EGNOS User Support website and online submission of the EDAS registration form.
- Approval of the applications on a case-by-case basis by the European Commision (EC).
2.2 Connection to EDAS
The users may connect to EDAS
- either via Internet
- or via a point-to-point line
2.2.1 Internet connection
For Internet connections:
- When developing applications using the internet connection, it should be considered that the latency requirements as specified in the SDD do not cover the Internet connection from the EDAS output to the user application;
- Please be aware that for the reception of the EDAS data you will need to configure your firewall or PC to receive UDP packets. This may be considered a security risk. It is a good practice to separate such network or PC from your main production system.
2.2.2 Point-to-point connection
For point-to-point connections:
- Users are free to setup their own access lines between their premises and the EDAS server, in this case they may stay connected on 24/7 basis;
- These lines should allow real-time data streaming with minimum latency;
- Any costs associated with point-to-point client access lines shall be borne by the users.
The conditions that any potential user must comply with are the following ones:
- Be a private, public or semi-public organization;
- Provide detailed contact address and a reference person with full details (email, telephone, fax);
- Provide a complete and detailed online EDAS registration form;
- Accept the EDAS Conditions of Use and this website Legal Notice.
Any registration form failing to meet any of the above conditions shall be rejected and the applicant will be informed by e-mail.
All applications meeting the above basic conditions will be carefully assessed, without any guarantee that an application will be approved.
3. General conditions of use
The EGNOS Data Access Service - “EDAS “- has been designed and developed with the general goal to provide ground-based access to EGNOS data. Upon registration EDAS is accessible through the connection to a dedicated Internet domain (www.egnos-edas.eu). EDAS can only be used for non-safety critical purposes, i.e. purposes that have no impact on the safety of human life and where a failure in availability, integrity, continuity or accuracy of the EDAS services could not cause any kind of direct or indirect personal damage, including bodily injuries or death.
Although care has been taken in designing, implementing and operating the EDAS system, as well as in providing EDAS services, it is not meant to offer a service guarantee or liability from the EGNOS service provider or from the European Union. The minimum level of performance against which the EDAS system has been designed is provided in this document (hereinafter referred to as “EDAS Service Definition Document” or “EDAS SDD”) solely for the reasons of transparency in order to enable the user to make an informed decision regarding EDAS use. However, actual EDAS performance may differ in the future.